TikTok Celebrates V-Day with #BeCyberSmart Global Tool Kit
Happy Valentine’s everyone! TikTok is celebrating this year’s Valentine’s Day with more than 225B video views about #love!
As more people turn online to find companionship, TikTok is committed to educating our community about the dangers of cybercriminals posing as a potential love interest online.
Follow these security tips:
- Take it slow – Ask questions and pay attention to inconsistencies that might reveal your online romantic interest is an impostor.
- Do your homework – Conduct a reverse image search of your online partner’s profile photo (you can use images.google.com). If the results show the same profile photo on another site or with a different name attached, a scammer may have stolen it.
- Don’t play games – Don’t give away too much personal information to someone you only know online, and be extra cautious of people who make repeated attempts to meet up with you in person.
- Never show ‘em the money – You should never send payment or agree to accept money from someone you’ve only met online or by phone.
- Listen to your heart, follow your head – If something seems amiss or you suspect someone you met online isn’t who they say they are, cut off all contact immediately and report to the relevant authorities.
Download TikTok on your iOS and Android devices today.
Discover the best of life and style, fromBlogger Manila through email subscription here. Like our Facebook Page, Twitter @BloggerManila, and on Instagram.
Kemans Seals Partnership with Miss Universe Philippines
Indeed, the most beautiful day in the Philippines is fast approaching. Miss Universe Philippines
Win NBA Merchandise with Cignal’s Watch and Win Promo
Hear ye, NBA Fans, Cignal TV has a sweet treat this February! The NBA
Jonel Uy is the EIC of BloggerManila.com. Graduating from UP Diliman with a degree in Computer Science, he is also the Managing Director of #DigitalCircles.asia engaging and amplifying social media campaigns for brands. On Mondays, he teaches information technology classes at Grace Christian College. Know more about him at JonelUy.com