Recognizing Emerging Influencers
How do we measure influence in the blogosphere? Is it in the number of blogpost, hits, or subscribers? Is the Google pagerank ranking also a factor?
Wikipedia referred to ‘social influence‘ as when ”one’s emotions, opinions, or behaviors are affected by others.” I say ‘influence’ is relative. It is something personal to each individual. What may influence me, might be trivial to others, and vice-versa.
So when I saw Ms. Janette Toral’s call for nominations for the 6th year of the Emerging Influential Blogs 2012 writing project that seeks in identifying new and emerging blogs, I decided to participate once again, expectedly not only as a nominator, but as well as a fellow nominee for my new tech blog Gadget Gambit.
For this year, Blogger Manila’s Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog nominees is a mixed bunch of lifestyle blogs led by news site Rappler.com
Without further adieu, Blogger Manila’s Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2012 are the following:
- Rappler (http://www.rappler.com/)
- This new news site is making waves with its quality content and way of delivering relevant news and topics.
- Maximizing Marriage (http://www.maximizingmarriage.com/)
- Focused on the value of marriage, this blog is filled with lessons highlighting the importance of a couple’s relationship and how to further strengthen them.
- Foydi (http://www.foydi.blogspot.com/)
- In hunt for real life’s treasures, you can join Foydi in his jorney of discovering new things from travel to entertainment!
- Purple Doll (http://www.thepurpledoll.net/)
- If everything about food is your search, then you are in the right place with Sumi’s Purple Doll food blog.
- Sining Factory (http://www.siningfactory.com/)
- A young blog at that, Nok’s Sining Factory already won the Best Lifestyle Blog award in last year’s Philippine Blog Awards. Need I say more?
- Tripapis (http://www.tripapips.com/)
- This blog is spelled F-U-N. I love how the narrators complemented the fun way of telling their story in Tag-lish.
- Eccentric Yet Happy (http://www.eccentricyethappy.info/)
- It’s a mix of everything with a touch of music and entertainment. This is how this eccentric and vegan blogger maintained her lifestyle blog.
- Gelleesh (http://www.gelleesh.com/)
- Beauty and fashion are Gellie’s passion and you would know this through her frequent post on such topics. She has also emerged to share her knowledge through some speaking engagements.
- Gadget Gambit (http://www.gadgetgambit.com/)
- The newbie tech blog of the year! Haha! Pardon me for being unable to restrain from bragging for my own tech blog. LOL.
- Style Wise Manila (http://stylewisemanila.blogspot.com/)
- Style Wise Manila is mainly about lifestyle and fashion. This is also the only blogspot blog which made it to my list.
This writing project will not be possible without the support of sponsors such as Tof Salcedo, Philippine data center, Philippine online shopping, DigitalFilipino Club, Search Profile Index,and DigitalFilipino.com.
It’s your turn! Which new emerging blogs influence you? Participate in this year’s Emerging Influential Blogs writing project and share your thoughts in our comment section below.
Professionalising Events Management in the Philippines
As a blogger for 10 years now, I have attended hundreds of media events,
Meeting DOH Secretary Janette Garin
The anti-Dengue campaign and the ZIka virus issues were the limited embodiment of my
Jonel Uy is the EIC of BloggerManila.com. Graduating from UP Diliman with a degree in Computer Science, he is also the Managing Director of #DigitalCircles.asia engaging and amplifying social media campaigns for brands. On Mondays, he teaches information technology classes at Grace Christian College. Know more about him at JonelUy.com
Hi Jonel. This is to mark your entry as complete! See you at the Summit.